R: Gd (10)
I: Am (50)
P: Am (50)
Popularity: - 15
Resources: See Below*
Psychic Node: Rose Red sits upon and has become a psychic node which draws on the misery, misfortune, and psychic powers of those inside to 'power itself'. As the land that Rose Red was built on had a history of blood, so does the house, ranging from suicides to disappearances to murders. Rose Red possesses the following attributes and abilities derived from itself, including:
- Micro-Environment: As it was said in both the mini-series and the later 'Diary of Ellen Rimbauer', Rose Red is its own micro-environment, capable of altering itself or animating objects on its grounds with Rm (30) ability, depending on the amount of psychic energy present. For every level of psychic energy (Psyche) above Good (10) that enters Rose Red, Rose Red gains a +1cs rank to its ability. Rose Red begins at Gd (10), and increases to a maximum effect of Am (50)
- Psychic Vampirism*: While not specifically stated, Rose Red represents a psychic vampire in the truest sense of the word, requiring psychic energy and/or lifeforce to continue existing. Rose Red not only feed on those present, it will occasionally abduct individuals and incorporate them as 'part of the house', becoming in turn manifestations of the house and existing in a similar state. Rose Red does this with the same power as the micro-environment
- Regeneration*: Rose Red 'regenerates' damage depending on the amound of psychic energy inside of it, and can restore itself to perfect condition depending on the level of energy it possesses.
- Telepathy: Rose Red is considered to have Pr (4) telepathy, and can interpret or 'read' individuals to understand their motives, desires, and fears. Rose Red will often use its micro-environment to ensnare individuals inside itself.
Thralls: For lack of a better word, Those ensnared or who die in Rose
Red become thralls to it, either suffering an undead state or existing
as puppet-controlled spirits. Rose Red has many such thralls, including
most of the psychic investigators, Ellen Rimbauer, April Rimbauer,
Sukeena, and a host of others. These Thralls can be harmed, as the still
'living' ones are withered and corpse-like. The Thralls will exist so
long as the house is standing. Thralls have the following attributes:
F: Pr (4) A: Pr (4) S: Pr (4) E: Pr (4)* (Depending on Rose Red's current power levels), R: Variable I: Variable P: Variable, though never higher than -2cs of Rose Red's current Psyche.
- Growth: Rose Red continues to grow depending on the psychic power it possesses, capable of continuing its 'construction' with Fe (2) ability. When fully powered (at the Am (50) level) Sounds of active construction can be heard. Rose Red is limited to the plot of land it currently possess, but can reshape itself internally any way it sees fit.
- Structural abilities: While the house has no FASE, it is considered to be made of Gd (10) and Ex (20) materials, and is approximately four to six areas in diameter.
- Limited to location: Rose Red is bound to its location, and cannot move further nor expand past its borders. In addition, if Rose Red remains comatose, Rose Red can simply be torn down, although the powers which drive Rose Red are tied to the land. It is possible an exorcism could affect it (Although in the novel 'The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer', this was not successful.
- Drive to expand: Rose Red is in constant need of expanding and growing, requiring psychic energy to do so. As such, Rose Red is constantly need of psychic energy, and will tempt, terrorize, or kill those it needs to.
- Reputation: Rose Red has a high negative popularity due to the fact of its reputation.