Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Updates IV - August 2020

 Hey All

Just a quick update on what's happening. I'm in the process of finalizing the last image clean-up on the old write-ups, I've got maybe less than 15 left but I'm going over all the former posts and making sure the images are in place.


I'm working on three stages of updates to this site:

1. I'm working to ensure all write-ups are here and have good images.

2. I've been going over each write-up to correct spelling (I posted a number of them from 1st drafts - so now editing - sorry 'bout that), correcting and updating some write-ups based on newer information (Some will probably see completely new write-ups or I've looked at things and need to make changes), and updating the Labels - which is what I usually use to navigate the site.

3. Finally, new write-ups.  It's been a while since I did any new write-ups, but I have been trying to get back to build some new ones. I'm going to post a few more than I did last year for Halloween over at Classic Marvel Forever in October, but I'm also looking to do a few write-ups in a variety of different areas - I did the first real write-ups on Marvel: The Lost Generation and a few here and there -but I'm looking to do a few more on characters I've found interesting that don't get a lot of love or that I wanted to take a crack at. These write-ups include:

  • Tarzan
  • Moondragon
  • The Darkhold and Cthon
  • The Anti-Life Equation from DCeased
  • Man-Bat
  • Atari Force

And a few more I've written up but never posted. I had hoped last year would allow me to get back in to the habit, but I've been caught up with other things.


The Unofficial Marvel Project has been releasing tons of new netbooks, I'm always impressed with the people who work on the write-ups. This isn't bad for a game that last saw publication in 1994. 


Finally, I wanted to take a moment and promote my own game, Defenders International, which is set in my own Metahero setting. I've been running the main campaign since 1986 - but I've run dozens of other groups in the setting. I' m running games right now online using Rolld20 and Discord, and I'm working to start a new campaign for anyone interested. More on that as we get further along - mainly I'm celebrating 35 years of running DI in January 2021 - So I'll be posting more here and on my FB group for DI.


Thanks for visiting! If you have a suggestion or have an idea for a write-up, drop a line!



No comments:

Post a Comment